Al Januszewski / Definition and Terminology Committee
Molenda - Meanings of Educational Technology Draft of Chapter 1
- Rhonda Robinson
The study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using and mananging appropriate technoloogical processes and resources.
Considerations from philosphy
- necessary and sufficient conditions
- not the sole way to define educational technology
- encompassing the prototypes
- Accounting for the best examples
- Aesthetic considerations
- What does the sentence look like
- Amount of punctuation in the sentence
- Conceptual and mission consistency, being true to the history of the project
Spot for people to do final comments online
Threaded discussion forum open to AECT members.
1 general thread
1 thread for each chapter
Chapter authors will monitor these discussions.
Authors will consider commentary from the discussions as chapters are finalized.
There will be a book. Chapters done by individual authors explained by individual authors
3-4 reviewers per chapters with 1 reviewer from the cmte and 2-3 outside readers
Reviews end 12.21.04
Authors submit 2.1.05
March 2005 Final goes to publisher
Summer 2005 Anticipated Publication date
Ethical practice applies to the profession of educational technology.
Technological - both hard and soft technologies - technology as a way of thinking